Boston University Industry Engagement is an exciting new function at the University that holistically addresses the needs of companies wishing to engage the University in Corporate Sponsored Research and Corporate Relations providing a bridge between industry and the research and educational domains of the University. In this newly created role reporting to the Associate Vice President, the Director of Industry Engagement, Life Sciences & Healthcare will be responsible for developing and implementing the University's Industry Engagement strategy for the Life Sciences & Healthcare industry vertical, creating meaningful and sustainable relationships with industry partners leading to increased investment in University priorities in alignment with corporate priorities.
Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred. Five to eight years' work experience.
* Entrepreneurial and dynamic individual with a commitment to advancing scientific research.
* Life science and/or healthcare industry experience in product management, product marketing, technology strategy, business development, and/or research administration required. Working knowledge of scientific research. Experience forming research partnerships with academic and/or other institutional research organizations desired.
* Life sciences and/or healthcare academic experience in corporate sponsored research, sponsored programs, technology transfer, and/or industry engagement desired.
* Familiarity with other dimensions of industrial partnerships including intellectual property and technology transfer, federal grants, grant and contract management, and philanthropic development.
* Demonstrated record of leadership. Consultative and accessible leadership style, outstanding written and oral communications skills, integrity, and managerial skills.
* Ability to gain credibility and trust with multiple layers of complex organizations from the University to corporations.
* Ability to interact in a professional and positive manner with all levels of staff. Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
* Dedicated, independent, and innovative team player
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Internal Number: 0701
About Boston University
Boston University is no small operation. With over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 140 countries, 10,000 faculty and staff, 16 schools and colleges, and 250 fields of study, our two campuses are always humming.