Job description The Faculty and Student Support Administrator supports online delivery for a portfolio of courses, directly serving approximately 400 to 500 students yearly, in programs and courses supported by the Office of Distance Education. We value support administrators with exceptional communication skills, excellent problem-solving skills, an aptitude for working collaboratively, and knowledge or willingness to learn about higher education administration and new software and tools to support students and faculty.
* oversee and administer the preparation, launch, and execution of 10 to 15 courses in the learning management system six times per year (approximately 50 to 60 courses per year)
* advise faculty and facilitators in best practices for online education, course technologies, and communicating with students, and provide them with expert guidance in the advanced fully-online use of the learning management system
* evaluate student performance and promptly address issues that arise
* collaborate with staff in academic departments to organize delivery of programs
* provide advanced specialized training and support for a complex web-conferencing platform for delivery of Live Classroom sessions
* work collaboratively with ODE staff and others in the University to promote successful student engagement in online courses
* bachelors degree with one to three years of work experience
* excellent writing and overall communication skills
* strong organizational skills and ability to support multiple projects with faculty in different academic departments
* strong attention to detail
* basic technical competence with email and Microsoft Office software
* strong customer service, negotiation, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* ability to empathize with students while representing the interests of the University
* ability to work independently while being team oriented
Additional preferred qualifications:
* higher education work experience
* support or service experience
Include a cover letter with your application in order to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Internal Number: 6115
About Boston University
Boston University is no small operation. With over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 140 countries, 10,000 faculty and staff, 16 schools and colleges, and 250 fields of study, our two campuses are always humming.