The Coordinator - Stewardship Program position will provide program support to all members of the Advancement team. Under minimum supervision, the Coordinator provides program support to the Associate Vice President for Individual Giving, working closely with the Assistant Director of Stewardship Responsibilities include supporting fundraising work of a highly confidential and complex nature, necessitating exposure to sensitive information and contacts requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy.
* Performs administrative tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the Advancement Office. * Performs a wide variety of administrative and program duties relating to Suffolk University. Screens, reviews and answers mail, email and inquiries and determines appropriate follow-up within established guidelines. * Maintains the calendar for Stewardship events and receptions with prospects and donors and processes travel and expense reimbursement forms. * Organizes communications and information to establish closer relationships with top donors.. * Initiates communications via email and mail under supervision and drafts memos. * Produces a variety of complex reports and interfaces with the research and data services personnel regularly. Independently gathers, compiles and analyzes information from multiple sources. Maintains sensitive files and records. * Organizes and arranges meetings to cultivate and steward fund-raising prospects. * Organizes special meetings and Advancement programs which may include coordinating meeting rooms, ordering food, and preparing invitation and attendance mailings.
* Bachelor's degree and at least 1 to 2 years of related administrative experience.
* Excellent PC skills and command of Microsoft Office products.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong multi-tasking and time management skills, customer service focus and comfort interacting with a diverse community are required.
* Must be creative and proactive. Must have ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, take direction from more than one supervisor, and handle difficult situations with ease.
* A diligent work ethic and a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced work environment is essential.
* Standard hours of this position to be determined by the supervisor, but generally from 9-5. Must be available to work evenings or weekends as needed.
Internal Number: olAbbfw1
About Suffolk University
Located right in the heart of downtown Boston, Suffolk University gives its students unparalleled access to the city and all it offers.Our college green is the Boston Common. We are steps from dozens of historic sites like the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus' Boston and Suffolk blend together. That means our students have incredible access to a wealth of opportunities, whether it's museums and restaurants or internships and co-ops. At the same time, we also take pride in being a personal, student-centered school, where faculty and administrators know students by name. We take the time to recognize each student's promise, figure out what makes him or her tick, and build important mentoring relationships.As we have done since our founding, we strive for one thing at Suffolk: give students the tools they need to be successful, smart, and satisfied at whatever they choose to do.