Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Responsibilities include: * Manage the office front desk: answer telephones, direct foot traffic, schedule student appointments for the Associate Dean and the Associate Director of Graduate Student Services, order office supplies, and plan events for student services programming and activities * Manage the office budget and process on People Soft Financial Accounting System * Oversee student employees * Work with the Associate Director of Graduate Student Services to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all student records and communications * Maintain student files and oversee registration, transfers, withdrawals, readmits, leave of absences, and independent studies * Compile updated information for advisement handbooks and assist Associate Director with training and assigning faculty advisors/mentors * Assist students and faculty with registration process * Collaborate with the graduate admissions staff to monitor non-degree student recruitment and registration * Maintain confidential filing system * Assist with comprehensive exams and graduation clearance * Assist Associate Director with processing for University Student Services, Student Accounts, and Financial Aid * Assist with commencement and other student service related activities
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $37,950 to $47,450; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
* Superior customer service orientation and focus and the ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
* Ability to work with varying constituencies including faculty, staff, and students
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent writing and oral communication skills
* Excellent computer skills (Excel, FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Word, Power Point)
* Ability to maintain data security and confidentiality of all data at all times
* Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrable problem solving skills
* Ability to create and maintain systems for efficient office management
* Ability to work with others under pressure in order to meet deadlines
* 1-3 years increasingly responsible administrative experience
* Proficiency with database management
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Knowledge of the university's UIS system preferred
* Knowledge of People Soft Financial Accounting System preferred
* 1-3 years experience preferably in higher education setting
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Internal Number: 3369
About Boston College
Boston College is one of the nation's best and most selective universities, with U.S. News & World Report ranking Boston College 31st among national universities, and Forbes ranking it 26th in its 2012 America's Best Colleges listing. Boston College confers more than 4,000 degrees annually in more than 50 fields of study through eight schools and colleges. Faculty members are committed to both teaching and research having earned nearly $60 million in research grants in the last year alone. The University has made a major commitment to academic excellence. As part of its Strategic Plan, Boston College is in the process of adding 100 new faculty positions, expanding faculty and graduate research, increasing student financial aid to more than $128 million annually, and widening opportunities in key undergraduate programs, such as international study, internships and student formation.