The Student Financial Services Counselor will serve as an active member of a service oriented, dynamic, and student centered Student Financial Services team. The primary responsibility of the Student Financial Services Counselor will be to provide financial counseling for both current and prospective students, as well as their parents in all areas of educational financing (student loans, financial aid, student accounts/tuition payments, and student employment); and will also have administrative responsibilities for other financial aid programs as assigned by the Director.
1) Provide comprehensive counseling and assistance to students and families in all areas of financing their Wellesley education (student loans, financial aid, student accounts/tuitions payments, student employment).
2) Participate in outreach efforts, presentations and other activities that emphasize Wellesley’s commitment to access and affordability.
3) Hire, train, and manage a team of SFS Student Workers.
3) Assuming accountability for and maintaining knowledge of federal, state and institutional guidelines and regulations.
4) Position requires extensive and timely communication with parents and students, prospective and current, in person, email, and on the telephone. Skills must be excellent.
— Bachelor’s degree is required.
— Preferences include 2 years of work experience in a higher education setting (including student work-study) and/or one of the areas that comprises Student Financial Services (educational financing/student loans, financial aid, student accounts/tuition payments, student employment). Experience with a wide variety of software and database applications, such as Banner, PowerFAIDS, Nolij, Google, and Microsoft Office also preferred.
— Ability to work independently, but to also contribute positively to a team. Demonstrated experience in providing superior customer service, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), strong group presentation skills and an emphasis on attention to detail.
Wellesley is known for the excellence of its education, the beauty of its setting, its gifted faculty, and the uniqueness of its campus culture. But most of all, Wellesley is known for the thousands of accomplished, thoughtful women it has sent out into the world for over 100 years women who are committed to making a difference. Every year, some 2,400 of the world's top undergraduate women are challenged to exceed their own highest personal and intellectual expectations. The mastery Wellesley graduates demonstrate across the professional and vocational spectrum, and the influence they wield, whether in their own communities or on the world stage is testament to a singularly empowering undergraduate experience. Wellesley's lively academic community places a high value on rigorous, probing inquiry, and creative, cross-discipline thinking. Its collaborative approach to scholarship encourages students to question, debate, and refine their points of view, not only with each other, but with our world-class faculty, often by working directly with them on groundbreaking projects. A Wellesley education fosters the highest standard of readiness for the real world in its graduates, in terms... of ability to think, act, and contribute meaningfully and effectively in their chosen areas of interest.